Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm HERE!

Well... I'm HERE!

I feel horrible because it took me so long to get a post up here, but the past day has been so crazy! So, let me start from the beginning so you know what my trip has been like thus far!

I arrived at LAX at about 2pm on Monday. Over the next 2 and a half hours the rest of the ASC kids slowly filtered into the airport and we all started our awkward first meetings. Of course, most of these kids had already been traveling all day - so everyone was exhausted. We got on the plane at about 7pm and it took us almost 2 hours to actually leave the runway! I guess there was just a lot of traffic - but we almost missed our connecting flight from Auckland to Sydney! They held the plane for us since there were 25 of us missing. We ran through customs and made it onto the plane about 2 min before the scheduled departure time. There was a very angry man sitting in front of me who yelled at me for being late...

Once we got to Sydney, we hopped on a bus that took us to campus. We spent the ENTIRE day (at this point we'd been up for over 24 hours) playing games, going to teas, and having little class sessions about the library, homestays, etc. Finally around 5pm our host mother, Gail, picked us up and took us to her apartment. By us I mean me and my three roommates - Laura, Sarah, and Jess.

We met Gail, had pizza for dinner, went swimming, found our bus stops, and passed out in bed around 8:30pm our time.

Now it's 7 am and I'm using Laura's computer (mine crashed the day before I left!) and I believe she wants to use it now :)

I'll make sure to update as soon as I can! But know that I'm safe and sunburned and it's beautiful here!

Love,
Kristin

3 comments:

tkirk4470 said...

Hi Bug.
I'm glad you make it safe and sound. It soulds like you are having fun already. Happy Valentines Day.
Love
Doof

beatlesxforxsale said...

haha. that comment is really cute.

I miss you! And I'm glad you made it okay. I wanted to call you (or text you) today, but I wasn't sure what the time difference is.
I really really really miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got in ok! Have an awesome time! I'm excited to read about all your adventures.

Sara