Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Housing and Service Placements!

Well, I leave for California on Friday morning... which means I have 2 days left to pack. Currently, I have two empty bags and a room full of dirty laundry, reminder notes, piles of things to pack, and a huge stack of those packing bags that are supposed to compress everything.

As of about 20 min ago I found out where I am living! I am living in a suburb of Sydney called Concord with 3 other ASC girls and a single woman named Gail. Gail is in the medical profession and has been a host parent since the program started 3 years ago, so it sounds like she knows what's going on.
I think this will be a good fit. At least I'm praying it will be. I know a lot of thought went in to where each and every one of us were placed, and I know there is a reason I was put where I was.

I also got my service placement today. I'll be working at a homeless shelter (I think) called Newton Mission as a kitchen slave, or making coffee or something along those lines. At least I'll be a little bit at home there.

Anyways, these next few days are going to fly by. I've been putting together the itinerary for California and I'm so excited! We're going to Disneyland. Sadly, my favorite ride (Splash Mountain) is closed for repairs. But I'm sure I'll be there again soon. Perhaps I'll stop there on my way back from Australia!

Your continued prayers are appriciated and I promise to keep everyone updated as much as I can! I won't have tons of access to a phone, but I will have internet access.

With Love,
Kristin

P.S - My mailing address is... so if you want to send me a letter now so it will be waiting for me when I get there, I'll have no objections :)

Regular mail
Kristin Kirk
ASC – Wesley Institute

P.O. Box
534

Drummoyne, NSW 1470
AUSTRALIA

Packages
Kristin Kirk
ASC – Wesley Institute

5 Mary Street
Drummoyne, NSW 2047
AUSTRALIA

2 comments:

beatlesxforxsale said...

hey, you figured out how to add me! and I figured out how to add you!

how special.

:)

Paulos said...

Good luck in Australia