Thursday, February 01, 2007

Homestays

Well, it's official... I'm staying with a host family.

I'm a little freaked out about this whole host family thing. I have to go live in someone else's house, use their bathroom, eat their food, do chores, participate in family outings... the whole shebang.

Here are things I am worried about -
a.) I hope they don't have pets. I am allergic and I can't remember if I listed that as an allergy.
b.) I hope they don't have young children. Kids tend to love me and attach on to me like leeches and then I have to take them everywhere and they seduce me with their innocent eyes and then before I know it I find myself volunteering to babysit and make them dinner and suddenly I'm trapped in someones house playing super mom while the parents are out partying in the city I came to see! (eek).
c.) I also hope they don't have teenage boys. They are gross and smelly.

Ideally... my host family would be a workaholic married couple with no kids. Amen.

I'll find out more about THEM in a few days. Wish me luck!

And just so you know... I'm boarding a plane headed to Sydney in 11 days. 11 DAYS. That's less than 2 weeks! I am freaking out.

Love,
Kristin

No comments: