Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home and Away

I'm finally back in the states, and have been for about a week now.

Naturally I came home with a sinus infection and nasty cold, probably caused by the freezing cold New Zealand weather and the stress of coming home. This past week has gone by way too quickly. I was looking forward to relaxing and spending time catching up with friends and with Jon. Instead, I ended up spending way too much time wedding planning with my mother, that and sleeping. Obviously I needed the rest since I was sick, but I just saw the week slipping away and now it's Saturday and I'm leaving again for another week. I should be loading the car right about now, but I'm not even packed. The thought of putting my life in a suitcase again, even if it's only for a week, makes me want to cry. I'm not ready to travel again, I just want to be comfortable and home and with my family.

This week has been draining. Jon has been here and it's been a struggle learning how to allow him into my life again. I got so used to being completely independent. I'm not used to being hugged and cuddled and it's weird having that again so suddenly. I'm starting to get comfortable again, but I guess I was expecting my Australia barrier to be more emotional than physical, and it was in fact the opposite.

So today I'm heading to my cabin in Central Oregon, and then over to Black Butte tomorrow. I'll be there until Friday, then Jon and I will head back to the Portland area for a wedding. I'm really looking forward to vacation, although I'm a little stressed. It's really hard to let people cook for me, especially after all the issues I had with my host mom and food in Australia. I also don't know several of the couples who will be there, and as it turns out, I can be pretty shy when first meeting people. I would love to just stay home and rest, but I need a vacation as well. I love Black Butte so much and it will be wonderful just to enjoy nature and peace and quite for a week. I'm a little bummed that they don't allow fireworks though :(

Well, off to try and pack.

-Kristin

No comments: