Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lasts

Today was a day of lasts...
The last time I rode the bus. The last time I went to Pancakes. The last time I saw the Opera House and the Harbor Bridge. The last time I got coffee at my favorite stand. The last time I went to Market City. The last time I saw Newtown. The last time I went out with Gail and Tinga. And the saddest part, it was the last night Sarah and I walked to Burwood and back. I'm going to miss her.

And now is the last time I will be sitting at this table... in this living room... at this apartment... it is my last night in Sydney and I'm heartbroken to be saying goodbye to all the things I have begun to love so dearly.

In less than 12 hours I will be leaving this city. Perhaps forever. It's so bittersweet.

2 comments:

Jon said...

how about this is your last freaking time leaving me alone without you for 16 weeks. come home!

Cheryl said...

Dear Kristen; Your expression of growth is encouraging and inspiring. It is evident God has grown and matured you during your travels. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Cheryl Oliver (Tims Mom)