Monday, May 21, 2007

It's been awhile...

Good Morning Friends,


I feel like I've failed miserably at blogging about my trip here. I've been busy, but that's not a great excuse for why I've been so horrible about emailing/calling/blogging/etc. I think it's just easier for me to keep a distance between myself and the people at home. It's so hard to be here and see everyone's lives continuing without me in them, so as long as I don't know what's going on, I don't feel so left out. Obviously that is such a lame excuse, and probably a bit unhealthy, but at this point I only have 32 days left here.

I'm not wishing myself home. I've made some great friendships here, and I've had a lot of amazing experiences. I know I'm going to miss Sydney a lot, and most of the people I've gotten to know while I've been here. My roommate and I have gotten really close, and I already can imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye to her. When I left home, I knew I would see everyone again when I got home. But for those friendships I've made here, I don't know when I'll see them next... pretty much everyone is from the midwest/east coast. Hopefully most of them will come to the wedding, or perhaps I'll be able to fly out there at some point next year.

Speaking of the wedding... it's so hard being across the world and wanting to plan a wedding. By the time I get home, I'll have less than 6 months to plan, which isn't impossible but it does add stress. I'm so thankful that my mother is taking her job as mother of the bride seriously. She's doing her research and without her I would be utterly clueless and a total disaster. So, thanks Ma!

Well, I have 4 papers, a presentation, and a video project due next week. So no more FUN for the next week. Wish me luck!

Love,
Kristin

1 comment:

Jon said...

i had hoped that since you had a lot of homework to do your blog might have been updated...but i guess two facebook albums will do.