Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Business Time

I guess I haven't been very good about updating this week. It's been a little crazy, classes are starting to pick up quite a bit. And of course I've been frolicking about the city, not doing homework when I should...

So, the highlights of my week include, but are not limited to -
1.) Camping at Coogee beach. It's pretty much the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. We got there at about 8:00 on Wednesday night, and fell asleep on a grassy knoll around 1 am. Then at 5 AM we were rudely awakened by a torrential downpour. I guess next time I'll check the weather first... but it was a lot of fun! I've never really camped out under the stars, but since I've been here I've done it 4 times! At 5 we ran with our sleeping bags over our heads to a random gazebo and slept on picnic tables there until we could catch a bus back to the city.
2.) Newtown Mission. I love serving people. I was a little worried about being placed at a homeless mission, not knowing what to expect, but I'm starting to get to know the people I serve every week and they all have amazing stories! This past week Jess and I were appointed head chefs - so now we get to do all the cooking on Thursday nights :) That's pretty sweet if you ask me.
3.) Friday night. I went dancing with a few of the girls from our program. It was pretty fun, but I don't think the whole dancing thing is really my scene. I'd prefer to watch a movie and play cribbage :) The weekends here make me a little homesick. I used to always look forward to Saturdays because it was the time when Jon and I got to hang out.

Anyways, I wrote postcards this week, so I'm putting them in the mail tomorrow. I hope I didn't leave anyone off - Ingy, if you're reading this, I need your address!

You're prayers are always appreciated, and let me know if there is any way I can be praying for you as well.

Love,
Kristin

No comments: